At Cheadle Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and well being of our pupils and staff.
We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support.
In our school we:
· Have a key person providing guidance on emotional wellbeing and ensure that all are able to support the needs of children who may be experiencing emotional difficulties
· Help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
· Help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
· Encourage children to be confident
· Help children socially to form and maintain relationships
· Promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
· Help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
Cheadle Primary School offers different levels of support
Universal support– to meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum.
Additional support– for children who may have short term needs and those who have been made vulnerable by life experiences such as bereavement
Targeted support– For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific interventions such as well being groups or personal mentors.
If you have any worries or concerns about your child’s emotional well being please contact Miss Simpson on